KIN 492 / 493 Internship in Kinesiology
A minimum of three credit hours of internship are required for students in the exercise science emphasis area in the Bachelor of Science Program. Students must work 60 hours for each credit earned. Please find your cognate on the list below to determine whether or not you are required to take KIN 411 prior to or concurrently with your internship (Note: KIN 310 is a prerequisite for KIN 411 - please take that into consideration upon enrolling).
|KIN 492 (No KIN 411)
Adapted Physical Activity
Growth & Motor Development
Orthotics & Prosthetics
Health Promotion Specialization
KIN 493 - Cognates that Require KIN 411 Prior to 493
KIN 493 - Cognates that can take 411 concurrently with 493
There is no possibility for internship credit for prior work experience. Click on the menu items below for further information about the internship experience. Students may also contact Keri Morrison at 355-4740 or firstname.lastname@example.org (email is preferred).
Office Hours: Fridays 2-4pm in room
135 IM Sports Circle (located within the main KIN office room 134). Please double check the syllabus on this as well.
It is the student's responsibility to:
- Attend a Mandatory Internship Meeting (Current Dates Below)
- Meeting Dates for Spring 2014
- Tuesday, January 7th, 2014 from 7:30pm-9pm in room 137 IM Circle
- Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 from 7:30pm-9pm in room 137 IM Circle
- Find & secure an internship site.
- NOTE: ***If you intend to complete your internship in the states of Colorado, New York, or Texas, you MUST submit a letter of intent to Sandy Townsend
(email@example.com or 517-355-4550) 60-45 days PRIOR TO ANY field-based activity.***
- Obtain approval for the site from Keri Morrison via email.
- Complete the Application to Enroll in Variable-Credit Courses Form.
- Complete the Student Information Form.
- Complete the Affiliation Agreement only if your site has not signed one before.
- Turn in the email of approval and all the forms into Room 134 IM Sports Circle to be enrolled in the course.
IMPORTANT: There are no exceptions to the following. The add/drop dates for KIN 492/493 are the same as for any course at MSU. These are set by the university and always described on the Registrar's website. You are responsible for knowing these dates. You cannot late add or late drop KIN 492/493. If you do not add/drop the course by the official dates you will get no refund and/or you will receive a zero point, and YOU WILL NOT GRADUATE.
Course materials are posted on an ANGEL web site ( http://angel.msu.edu ) which may be accessed by students enrolled in KIN 492 / 493 in a given semester. The following information is provided below so that students can plan ahead for their internship experiences.