Snow Day Policies
MSU interns are expected to follow the "snow days” policies of the school district and building in which they teach. In addition, MSU has established the following policies:
- If the school district in which the intern lives has canceled school for the day due to weather conditions (but the intern's placement school district has not), the intern should wait until it is safe to travel to his/her school placement in another district.
- If on-campus MSU classes remain open during inclement weather, on-campus internship classes will be held. MSU classes held off-campus in a school district or community facility will be cancelled if the school district cancels school due to inclement weather.
- Interns are responsible for contacting their MTs, schools, and MSU field instructors to inform school personnel about their late arrival or absence.
- During the guided lead teaching period, interns should leave plans at school each day for the following day in case of late arrivals or absences.
- The interns may be held responsible for making up the time they miss due to weather conditions. These arrangements should be made with their MTs in consultation with the field instructor.
- If MSU classes are NOT cancelled, but the school district in which the intern lives has cancelled school, the intern should wait until it is safe to travel. Interns are responsible for informing their instructors about their late arrival or absence and for making up work missed.