→ Current Students
Timeline for Progressing to the Internship
Junior (3rd Year Pre-Internship) Year
- Review plans for graduation and confirm that you will be able to complete all requirements by the end of the summer term following your senior year in the teacher preparation program.
- If you will not be able to graduate by the end of the summer term following your senior year, you must request to delay your internship. Click here to access the Request to Change Internship Year form. Return to the College of Education Student Affairs Office, 134 Erickson.
- If you will not be able to graduate by the end of the fall term following your senior year, you should also delay taking TE 407 and TE 408 or STA 481 and STA 482 until your last full academic year on campus. Notify your Team Coordinator that you will be delaying taking the senior year coursework.
- Verify that your university records contain accurate information about your intended teaching majors, minors or other endorsements. If a change is needed, click here to access the Teaching Major/Minor/Additional Endorsement Change Request form. Return to the College of Education Student Affairs Office, 134 Erickson.
- Enroll for TE 407 and TE 408 or STA 481 and STA 482 for the coming academic year. Check the Schedule of Courses and be certain to enroll in a section of TE 407 and TE 408 that corresponds to your subject matter major.
- Save two (2) two-hour blocks of time, plus travel time, in your schedule each semester between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. for your placement in a classroom.
Senior (4th Year Pre-internship) YearAugust
- Decide which MTTC test dates to sign up for – Oct., Nov., Jan., Apr. and/or July. You must attempt all tests you intend to pass before the intership by the April test date.
- Apply to graduate by Friday of first week of fall classes if finishing in fall
- Receive Secondary Course Record form in TE 407/STA 481 or by email from Team Coordinator (not required for post-baccalaureate students and internship candidates who will graduate by December of the year prior to their internship)
- Have advisor in college of major complete and sign Secondary Course Record form
- Return Secondary Course Record form to the College of Education Student Affairs Office, 134 EH
- Complete and submit Internship Placement Request Form in the field placement “course” on Angel by December 1
- Prepare draft of placement resume
- Apply for scholarships on the College of Education website
- Attend Grand Rapids or Southeast MI (Detroit) area intern meeting, if applicable
- Submit draft of placement resume in the field placement Angel course
- Apply for financial aid for internship year
- Apply to graduate by Friday of the first week of spring classes if finishing in spring or summer
- Submit final placement resume in the field placement Angel course
- Receive Graduate Certification application and Conviction Disclosure Form
- Return completed forms to Student Affairs Office, 134 EH, by Friday before spring break
- Receive tentative placement information
- Make appointment to meet with mentor teacher
- Return placement confirmation form to Secondary Team, 347 EH
- Remediate any deficiencies by the end of Summer semester; see Criteria for Progression to the Internship
- Attend the Internship Opening Day Institute the week before fall classes begin