Snow Day Policies
MSU interns are expected to follow the "snow days” policies of the school district and building in which they teach. In addition, MSU has established the following policies:
- If the school district in which the intern lives has canceled school for the day due to weather conditions (but the intern's placement school district has not), the intern should wait until it is safe to travel to his/her school placement in another district.
- If on-campus MSU classes remain open during inclement weather, on-campus internship classes will be held. MSU classes held off-campus in a school district or community facility will be cancelled if the school district cancels school due to inclement weather.
- Interns are responsible for contacting their Mentor Teacher, schools, and MSU field instructors to inform school personnel about their late arrival or absence.
- As in the case of other absences, interns is covered in general absence policies. Leaving hard copy plans is no longer necessary since email is an option.
- The interns may be held responsible for making up the time they miss due to weather conditions. These arrangements should be made with their Mentor Teacher in consultation with the field instructor.
- If MSU classes are NOT cancelled, but the school district in which the intern lives has cancelled school, the intern should wait until it is safe to travel. Interns are responsible for informing their instructors about their late arrival or absence and for making up work missed.