For over 22 years, MSU’s Emerging Leaders Program has been providing potential school principals an opportunity to explore in detail the knowledge, skillsets and mindsets required to be a successful leader in today’s complex educational environments. This intimate, 3-day experience connects emerging educational leaders with highly successful assistant principals, principals and superintendents. Together, they explore the joys and challenges inherent in the principalship. This event is held in July of each year in collaboration with the statewide elementary and secondary principals association.
- Personal Temperament: Implications for Your Role as a Principal
- Communication: Problems, Priorities and Strategies for New Principals
- Work of the Principal: Supporting Student Behavior as a Building Leader
- Instructional Leadership: A Day in the Life of the Principal
- The Secrets of Getting Hired: Preparing Yourself and Your Resume
- Getting a Job: Mock Interviews for the Principalship
2020 Emerging Leaders Program
July 14-16, 2020
Location: College of Education at Michigan State University
620 Farm Lane, Erickson Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824
Cost: $290 per person, which includes registration, materials and meals
Lodging is not included, but is available at the Kellogg Center, East Lansing, MI
Reference Emerging Leaders for a discounted rate of $117 per night for a standard room.
Session is limited to 50 participants.
SCECHs available to you at no cost (pending approval)
For questions regarding the Emerging Leaders 2020 Program, please contact Ashley Murphy, email@example.com.