January 15 for a Summer Semester Admission
June 15 for a Fall Semester Admission
October 15 for Spring Semester admission
January 15 for Summer Semester admission
June 15 for Fall Semester admission
Application requirements are the same for the Master’s Degree and Graduate Certificate.
Please submit all application materials through the online graduate application. When applying to the MS in Sport Coaching and Leadership, use program code 6767. When applying to the Graduate Certificate in Sport Coaching and Leadership, use program code 6768.
THIS WILL BEGIN YOUR APPLICATION THROUGH THE MSU GRADUATE SCHOOL PORTAL. PLEASE CHOOSE EITHER THE DOMESTIC OR INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT LINK.
- Transcript of undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter should speak to your capabilities as a student (an ideal source is a former professor or instructor). One letter should speak to your professional capabilities (an ideal source should be a supervisor, senior colleague, or mentor).
- Written academic statement clearly stating your professional goals and how you anticipate this program would help you to attain them (about 750 words).
- Professional resume detailing your academic and work experience (2 page max; please note that a Curriculum Vitae is not ideal for this requirement).
Optional Application Materials
- Written personal statement that illustrates your unique qualities and experiences that might make you a stronger candidate for admission (750 words max) – paste into appropriate page in graduate application.
Questions regarding submission of application materials should be addressed to Ms. Marlene Green, Kinesiology Graduate Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students interested in applying for the Kinesiology MS degree, which is a different degree program, should visit the Department of Kinesiology Masters Programs webpage.